- This event has passed.
Macro N Cheese – Episode 262 – How Are We Going To Pay For It?
February 3 @ 8:00 am EST
In 2022, Real Progressives helped our coalition partners, March for Medicare for All, organize a three-day educational summit on the healthcare crisis in the US. This week’s episode is from the panel we put together on paying for national improved Medicare for All, featuring Geoff Ginter, Yeva Nersisyan, and Rohan Grey.
The panelists discuss:
- The meaning of currency user vs currency creator
- The money story and order of operations
- Financial restraints vs resource constraints
- The importance of deficit spending
- Private vs public investment and inflationary constraints
- Potential impact of policies on the economy
- The truth about the so-called national debt
Specific to Medicare for All, they address the problem of transitioning workers out of administrative jobs in the insurance industry. They explain why Medicare for All is likely to be deflationary rather than inflationary. And they look to history to suggest ways of attracting healthcare workers to underserved locations.
Geoffrey Ginter is a New Jersey based certified medical assistant, activist, and MMT evangelist.
Yeva Nersisyan is an associate professor of economics at Franklin and Marshall College and a research scholar at the Levy Economics Institute at Bard College.
Rohan Grey is an Assistant Professor of Law at Willamette University and the founder and president of the Modern Money Network. MintTheCoin.org
@rohangrey on Twitter